8/5/20 (devotion during pandemic)
- “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them.
- To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey.
Long story short, the master is back from the journey and come to check the gold he left before. The servant with 5 bags of gold, return the bags of gold in 2 times quantity, 5 become 10. The servant with 2 bags of gold, return the bags of gold in 2 times quantity, 2 become 4. The servant with a bag of gold, return the same quantity, just a bag of gold.
The 2 Servant who multiply their gold are appreciated with
“WELLDONE, GOOD and FAITHFUL. you are faithful with few things and I will put u in charge in many things”
The 1 Servant who didn’t work anything toward his gold is rebuked with
“You WICKED and LAZY servant!” And the gold is taken away from him
Notice that from the beginning
- The Master gave EACH of servant gold (may it look unfair by quantity, but that is according to their ability) => ALL OF US ARE HAVING GOLD FROM GOD
- The Master didn’t give any instructions but was going to a journey entrusted his wealth => THE GOLD IN OUR HAND ARE ENTRUSTED WITHOUT ANY INSTRUCTIONS WE HAVE TO OBEY
- After the master come back, He rewarded the some of his servants and took the gold from another => BUT THERE IS EITHER A REWARD OR TAKEN AWAY FROM US according on How we Manage the GOLD, whether we work with it and multiply it or we just burry it and do nothing.
With this parable, God is teaching us about
((When He doesn’t give instructions that means He is waiting for us to take INITIATIVE .
When He doesn’t answer our prayers yet, that means He is waiting us to do something we can do. ))
What is your gold? Do something with it, work and multiply…